Monday, August 9, 2010

"I want my MOMMY!"

The past few days I have had the flu. Fever of 101 and aches and stomach issues! I swear the older I get the harder these little set backs are. My empathy has grown so much for older people who struggle with a simple cold, cough, flu or any other kind of ache and pain that when younger could be "kicked" in a day or so. These bodies just wear down, I guess. Well, I am right there with all of them now. Where's my mommy when I need her?
Anyway...today I feel abit better so by tomorrow I can probably proceed with packing etc...
I was suppose to give a talk at church yesterday and teach the 13-14 year olds ,but didn't. So next week I will do it. I also didn't go to work the past few days. Friday is my last day working at Curves. That has been a big part of my life here in Washington. I will miss them all. The ladies have been wonderful. I have grown to love them and have appreciated their support and friendship. I have been blessed indeed.
Matt and Daniel are flying in on this friday evening so they can drive the honda back to Utah. I t will be good to see them. They are the best sons. So supportive and willing to help out always. Ralph and I are so thrilled with our kids.
Swedish Medical is mailing Ralph's records to the Huntsman Clinic in Utah. There is almost 500 pages of report on him. I am certain they won't really need all of that but at least they have the info. We will miss Dr. West and staff here. We have grown to love them. IT was difficult saying goodbye. I will keep them posted on Ralph.
So onward I go..................it is hard to believe we will be in Utah in a few weeks.
The Milletts once again saved the day for us. They are so amazing to us. They helped clear our shelf in the garage, and Melinda made her soup for us. We have learned so many lessons of generosity and kindness from them. Friends forever!

1 comment:

  1. I think you may be confused. People get the flu in the winter, not the summer. Good thing you have wonderful friends there to help you out! We miss you.

    ReplyDelete